Last Updated on Tuesday, 05 November 2013 03:53
You can now download an ebook from the OverDrive library collection directly from your Kindle Fire. Follow these directions to get started:
1. From the Home Page of your Kindle Fire, select the Apps tab.
2. In the Apps menu select the “Store” button in the upper right hand corner.
3. Use the search bar on the top of the screen that reads “Search the App Store”, to search for “OverDrive Media Console”.
4. Even though this is a free app, Amazon will require you to have a credit card number in your Amazon account.
5. Tap “Download” to download the app.
6. The app will now be located on your Apps bookshelf. Tap the Overdrive logo to open the app.
7. When you open the app, tap the menu (it is three lines surrounded by a square) button at the bottom.
8. Tap the “Get Books” option.
- If this is your first time, you will need to add a library by tapping “Add a Library” at the bottom of the screen and search for Pioneer Library System or your City or Zip Code
11. Tap the name of your library.
12. Tap the star next to your library’s name. This will save it as your library.
13. Tap the library to access Pioneer library Systems Overdrive collection.
14. Find an eBook or Audiobook that you want to download by tapping “browse” or “search” near the top left of the screen.
15. When you find a book you would like to read or listen to, tap “add to my downloads”
- Note: You will be using the ePUB version of the ebook, not the Kindle version
16. Tap either “Proceed to Check Out” or “Continue Browsing”
17. Enter your Pioneer Library Card number and PIN when prompted
- If you do not have one, please apply for a library card at any hometown library.
18. Choose your lending period of 7, 14, or 21 days.
19. Tap “Confirm check out”
20. Tap “Download”
21. To view your book, sign-in with your Adobe ID when prompted by tapping “Settings”
- If you do not have an Adobe ID or forgot your log in, tap “Get ID”
22. After book has downloaded, go back to your bookshelf, click the title, and begin reading.