Follow the step-by-step directions to get started:
1. Open the App Store
2. Search for “OverDrive Media Console for Nook Tablet” or “OverDrive Media Console for Nook Color” based on the device you have.
3. Download the free app. You will need a credit card even though the app is free.
4. Open the OverDrive app
5. Tap the menu button at the bottom of the screen (small circle with lines in it).
6. Tap “Get Books”
- If this is your first time, you will need to add a library by tapping “Add a Library” at the bottom of the screen and search by Pioneer Library System or your City or Zip Code
7. Tap name of your hometown library
8. Tap the star next to the link to save the library’s website to your “Get Books” list.
9. Tap the library website link.
10. Find the eBook or Audiobook that you want to download by tapping “browse” or “search” near the top left of the screen.
11. When you find a book you would like to read or listen to, tap “borrow” or "place a hold" if it isn't currently available
12. Enter your Pioneer Library Card number and PIN when prompted
- If you do not have one, please apply for a library card at any hometown library.
13. Tap "Go to Bookshelf" to view your books
14. Choose the format you would like to use by tapping on the drop down menu
16. Tap “Download”
17. To view your book, sign-in with your Adobe ID when prompted by tapping “Settings”
- If you do not have an Adobe ID or forgot your log in, tap “Get ID”
18. After book has downloaded, tap the menu button at the bottom of the screen and go back to your bookshelf, click the title, and begin reading.