Want to borrow a book for your Kindle? Here are the basic directions for downloading and reading an ebook with a Kindle device or app.
You will need:
- An internet connection
- A Kindle ereader, Kindle mobile app, or Kindle PC app
- USB connector (if using ereader without wifi connectivity)
Checkout and Download ebook:
- Go to the PLS OverDrive website: www.pioneerlibrarysystem.org/overdrive
- Find the ebook you want to download with the Search Box in the top left or browse one of the categories listed in the purple bar. Look for "Kindle Book" listed under Format Information.
- Click Borrow to the right of Kindle Book (place a hold" to be added to the holds list)
- Sign in with your library card number and 4-digit PIN.
- Click the Download button
- Select the Kindle format.
- You will be asked to confirm that want to choose the Kindle format. You will not be able to choose another format if you click "confirm". Click "confirm".
- You will be taken to amazon.com. If you have not already signed in to amazon.com, you will be prompted to do so.
- Use the dropdown menu in the green box to select the Kindle device/app you want to use for reading
- Click the yellow "Get library book" button in the green box
- The book will be sent to your Kindle device the next time it is connected to the internet
- If you do not have a wi-fi connection or your device only uses 3G, you will transfer titles to your Kindle via USB, read our step-by-step article or visit amazon.com’s help page http://amzn.to/aHMcmN.
- You can manage your Kindle books at http://amazon.com/manageyourkindle (The Manage Your Content and Devices section of your amazon account) . This page allows you to return ebooks to the library, delete ebooks from your account, or transfer the ebook to another device during your checkout time.
You can also view our video tutorial on downloading books to your Kindle device at http://justsoyouknow.us/kindle.