Kindle Devices - Kindle Fire, Fire HD, or Fire HDX
Set up OverDrive App
- Open the OverDrive app
- Optional: Follow the prompts to create an OverDrive account.
- Create or sign in with an Adobe ID, which is required to download protected eBooks.
Add a library.
-In newer app versions, swipe from left to right to open the Home menu, then tapping Add a library.
-In older app versions, tap the Add a library icon (if you don't have this icon, go to Menu > Get Books).
- Search for Pioneer Library System, City, or Zip Code.
- Tap the star to save Pioneer Library System in your library list.
Checkout eBooks and Audiobooks
- Tap Pioneer Library System to start browsing titles.
- Find an ebook or audiobook with the Search Box in the top left or browse one of the categories listed in the purple bar
Tap the Borrow button
- If it isn't currently available, tap Place Hold
Enter your Pioneer Library Card number and PIN
- If you do not have one, please apply for a library card at any hometown library.
Tap Download button
-Select ePUB or MP3 format
- Tap Confirm & Download
- Title will download to your device
Read eBook or Listen to Audiobook
- Tap the OverDrive icon in top left corner
- Tap Bookshelf
- Tap on the book to open it
Return eBook or Audiobook
Titles will be automatically returned at the end of the checkout period. You may return titles early, though.
- Press and hold the book cover
- Tap Return and then confirm the action when prompted
Change Checkout Period
The default checkout period is 7 days. You can change your checkout period to 7, 14, or 21 days.
- Tap on Pioneer Library System in your library list
- tap on Account
- Log in with your Pioneer Library Card number and PIN
- Tap on Settings
- change the Checkout period to desired days
- Tap Save