Set Up Software
- Download and install OverDrive Media Console: www.overdrive.com/software/omc
- For Apple Devices
- Need a PC for WMA format audiobooks. May use Mac for MP3 audiobooks
- Need iTunes 9.1 and up. Update your iTunes: www.apple.com/itunes/download
- Configure iPad, iPhone, or iPod for manual management
1. Connect device to computer and open iTunes
2. Select iPhone, iPad, or iPod in the Devices list
3. Click the “Summary” tab and select "Manually manage music and videos"
4. Click “Apply”
Download the audiobook to your computer:
1. Go to PLS OverDrive website: http://justsoyouknow.us/overdrive
2. Click “Sign in” on the right side in the gray bar at the top and sign in with your library card number and PIN.
3. Find the book you want to download by searching or browsing and click on it.
4. Click “borrow” (Or click “place hold” to be added to the waiting list)
5. Click “Go to Bookshelf”
6. Select the format you would like your audiobook to be in
7. Click on the “Download” button
8. Select “Open” when the box pops up and click “OK”
9. OverDrive Media Console will open
10. Click “OK” when the box pops up asking where to place the file
11. Select the parts you want to download and click “OK” to begin download
12. The book will download into the OverDrive Media Console. You can listen to the book on the computer or transfer it to your device.
Transfer audiobook to your device:
1. Plug device into computer with USB cord
2. Select the book you want to transfer
3. Click the “Transfer” button along the top
4. The “Transfer Wizard” box will pop up and walk you through transferring the book
5. The book will transfer to your device and you can listen to it