Blanchard Public Library
Blanchard Public Library Community Rooms Policy
Community groups and individuals are encouraged to use the meetings rooms at the Blanchard Public Library for educational, cultural, and civic purposes.
Meetings may not be scheduled for purely commercial reasons.
Customers must agree to abide by the rules for use of the rooms.
To reserve the room, each group or individual must furnish the name, address, and phone number of a contact person.
The Pioneer Library System requires basic contact information which must be given in order to reserve rooms. This information is required so that 1)the library will be able to notify you in the unlikely case of a change in availability 2)the library will be able to refer questions concerning your meeting to the appropriate person.
Priority is given to programs sponsored by the library.
Meetings may be scheduled up to 3 months in advance. No more than one meeting may be scheduled by a group at a time.
Exceptions must be cleared through the Branch Manager on a case by case basis.
The library has two meeting rooms:
The Community Room accommodates 120 persons, and has a separate entrance to the parking lot and a kitchen area for serving food. This room is available for use by eligible groups and individuals before, during, and after library hours. For meetings scheduled to begin before the library opens, arrangements to pick up the Community Room key must be made at least 24 hours prior to the meeting. For meetings that will end after the close of the library, the group is responsible for checking to make sure the bathrooms are secured, locking the room, turning on the security alarm for the Community Room, and dropping the key in the bookdrop after locking the outside door.
The Conference Room (accommodates up to 16) is a study room that is located inside the library. Use is only available during library hours and meetings must conclude at least 15 minutes before the library closes. No food or drinks may be served in this room. No programs producing elevated noise levels may be held in the Conference Room.
General Rules for Meeting Room Use:
- To reserve a meeting room, individuals or organizations must contact the library staff and complete a registration form prior to the meeting. The online form is availalbe on the Blanchard Public Library webpage or a reservation request may be made by contacting the library staff.
- A $25.00 refundable cash deposit is due at the time the keys are picked up. The key should be returned within three days of the event. The deposit will be returned if the room is cleaned and there is no damage to the facility or equipment.
- If there is damage to the room, fixtures, or equipment, the City of Blanchard will hold the booking organization/person responsible for paying the cost of any repairs or replacements.
- All meeting must be free and open to the public. No admission may be charged for any activity in the rooms.
- The rooms are sometimes booked by more than one group per day. Please set up and complete the clean up within the scheduled time.
- Food may be served in the Community Room. Groups are responsible for the disposal of all food and trash. Trash is to be bagged and taken to the dumpster after each group that has served food or refreshments. The meeting room is to be cleared and clean after each even by the scheduling group. Failure to do so may result in the loss of the key deposit and/or Community Room use privileges.
- No use of alcoholic beverages or tobacco products is allowed on city premises.
- No assistance is availiable to move tables and chairs. This is the responsibility of each group.
- No Silly String. No inflatable bouncing toys.
- Open flames are not permitted including but not limited to: candles, tea lights, and any other type of flammable items.
- Nothing is to be attached to the walls, doors, or windows by any means.
- Three easels are availale for their own deliveries.
- Groups are responsibile for their own deliveries.
- Attendance cards for each meeting are in the kitchen area and in the Conference Room. Please complete a card for your event and return it with the keys or hand to the staff.
- The Branch Manager reserves the right to cancel any meetings should conditions or circumstances warrant.
- An adult leader must be present at all times and be responsible for the supervision of any groups of children under the age of 18.
- A sound system and audiovisual equipment is available for use in the Community Room. Use of the system must be arranged at least 24 hours in advance of your meeting with the staff.
- All library equipment and furniture must remain in the library.
- The entire library has wi-fi available for internet use.