Last Updated on Friday, 28 February 2014 16:24
Patrons are now able to access MyFreeTaxes.com for assistance in getting organized and filing taxes.
Discover how easy it is to prepare your taxes for free!
- Online at MyFreeTaxes.com, powered by H&R Block, if you make $58,000 or less.
- In person with an IRS-certified volunteer income tax preparer, if you make $52,000 or less.
Note: To file with MyFreeTaxes.com, you'll need a Self-Select PIN or the Adjusted Gross Income from your 2012 tax return for identification. Click here to set up your PIN: www.irs.gov/Individuals/Electronic-Filing-PIN-Request
Have a QUESTION while you are preparing your return? Certified tax coaches can help!
- Contact By Phone: 1-855-My-Tx-Help (1-855-698-9435)
- Interactive Tax Assistant: www.irs.gov/uac/Interactive-Tax-Assistant-(ITA)-1
Assistors will be answering questions from Monday-Saturday 9am to 9pm. Questions are answered in the order that they are received, Responses are provided within 24 hours; more complex questions may require additional research.
"Where's My Refund?": www.irs.gov/Refunds
FAFSA (Federal Application for Student Aid) application page: www.fafsa.ed.gov
What You'll Need:
- Social Security or Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN) for each family member and working adult.
- W-2s, 1099s, 1098s, and other income forms.
- Childcare provider name, address and tax ID, if applicable.
- Bank routing and account numbers for checking or savings accounts.
Self-Select PIN or the Adjusted Gross Income from your 2012 tax return