How do I download an ebook to a Kindle?
Want to borrow a book for your Kindle? Here are the basic directions for downloading and reading an ebook with a Kindle device or app.
You will need:
- An internet connection
- A Kindle ereader, Kindle mobile app, or Kindle PC app
- USB connector (if using ereader without wifi connectivity)
Checkout and Download ebook:
- Go to the PLS OverDrive website: www.justsoyouknow.us/overdrive
- Find the book you want to download. If the book is available for Kindle, you will see "Kindle Book" listed under Format Information.
- Click "borrow" to the right of Kindle Book ("place a hold" to be added to the holds list)
- Sign in with your library card number and 4-digit PIN.
- Click "go to bookshelf"
- Click the "Get for Kindle" button.
- You will be asked to confirm that want to choose the Kindle format. You will not be able to choose another format if you click "confirm". Click "confirm".
- You will be taken to amazon.com. If you have not already signed in to amazon.com, you will be prompted to do so.
- Use the dropdown menu in the green box to select the Kindle device/app you want to use for reading
- Click the yellow "Get library book" button in the green box
- The book will be sent to your Kindle device the next time it is connected to the internet
- For information on downloading ebooks to your Kindle via USB, read our step-by-step article or visit amazon.com’s help page http://amzn.to/aHMcmN.
- You can manage your Kindle books at http://amazon.com/manageyourkindle. This page allows you to return ebooks to the library, delete ebooks from your account, or transfer the ebook to another device during your checkout time.
You can also view our video tutorial on downloading books to your Kindle device at http://justsoyouknow.us/kindle.