How do I use the OverDrive app on an iPad?
The OverDrive library collection is available on your iPad. Follow the step-by-step directions to get started.
1. Open the App Store
2. Search for “OverDrive Media Console”
3. Download the free app. You will need your Apple ID password to do this.
4. Open the OverDrive app.
5. To start getting books, tap the icon with three horizontal lines in the top left corner of the screen
- If this is your first time, you will need to add a library by tapping “+ Add a Library” near the top of the swipe menu and search for library by Pioneer Library System or your City or Zip Code
6. Tap name of your hometown library
7. Tap the star next to the link to save the library’s website to your "My Libraries” list.
8. Tap the library website link.
9. Find the eBook or Audiobook that you want to download by typing in the “Search” near the top left of the screen or browsing through one of the categories in the dark purple bar.
10. When you find a book you would like to read or listen to, tap “Borrow”
- If it isn't currently available, tap "Place Hold"
11.Enter your Pioneer Library Card number and PIN when prompted
- If you do not have one, please apply for a library card at any hometown library.
12. Choose your book format by tapping the dropdown menu named "Download" and selecting the preferred format.
13. Tap “Confirm & Download”
14. If this is your first time, you will be promtped to sign-in with your Adobe ID by tapping “Settings”
- If you do not have an Adobe ID or forgot your log in, tap “Get ID”
15. To view your book, tap the icon with three horizontal lines in the top left corner
16. Tap "Bookshelf" in the swipe menu
17. Select your book and enjoy reading
18. If you would like to return your book early, press and hold the book cover.
19. Tap “Return” and then tap it again when asked to confirm your desired action