How do I download an OverDrive ebook to an e-reader (not Kindle)?
- Published on Wednesday, 28 December 2011 12:57
- Hits: 7382
Here are the basic directions for downloading and reading an ebook with a Nook, Sony, Kobo (not Kindle).
Install Adobe Digital Editions on PC or Mac and activate it with an Adobe ID
-To download and install Adobe Digital Editions, click here.
-If you do not have an Adobe ID or forgot your log in, click here.
PLS Movie Boxes
- Published on Tuesday, 20 December 2011 15:08
- Hits: 156920
You have quick access to hundreds of DVDs and Blu-rays through the Moore, Norman, Shawnee and Southwest Oklahoma City Movie Boxes.
Click the hometown library below to access your nearest Movie Box or click here to jump to the directions on how to reserve a movie.
Newcastle Assignment Alerts
- Published on Wednesday, 05 October 2011 11:26
- Hits: 4869
Newcastle Public Library now has a wonderful online feature for its’ public school teachers.
Teachers can go online, download the Assignment Alert Form, fill it out with the classroom assignment and email to the address on the form. When given enough notice, two weeks is good, the library staff can request enough material from other branches to have on hand to accommodate most students.
This feature will help the teacher, student, and library staff work together to maximize the homework process.
Instructions & Process for Consideration of Author Submissions
- Published on Tuesday, 29 November 2011 13:55
- Hits: 5267
INSTRUCTIONS AND PROCESS FOR CONSIDERATION OF AUTHOR SUBMISSIONS
Marketing your Material to Pioneer Library System
1. Completely fill out and submit the Author Submissions/Donation Form and mail it to the appropriate selector with a copy of the item to be considered for addition to the library collection. A review copy is necessary for consideration, unless the material has been reviewed.
2. Materials are mailed directly to the Center for Readers’ Services, 300 Norman Center Court, Norman, OK 73072 to be considered by the appropriate Pioneer Library System selector. Please address your mailing to the attention of the appropriate selector from the list below:
- Adult Fiction print and nonprint audio
- Adult Nonfiction print and nonprint audio
- Adult and Teen Graphic Novels
- Teen Fiction and Nonfiction print and nonprint audio (audiences 12-19 years old)
- Children’s Fiction and Nonfiction print and comic books (for audiences up to 12 years old)
- Children’s nonprint materials (audiobooks, G-rated films and music)
- Adult Fiction and Nonfiction films and documentaries
3. If not added to the library collection, materials sent for review will not be returned unless the sender includes a postage-paid, self-addressed envelope.
4. Materials will be evaluated and a decision made within 2 weeks of receipt of the item.
5. A letter of acceptance or refusal will be mailed to the donor within 2 weeks of receipt of the item.
6. Selection decisions are made based on the PLS Collection Development Policy, reproduced in part here:
PART II. FACTORS IN SELECTION (Collection Development Policy)
- Objectives in Selection
The Pioneer Library System attempts to provide a representative, well-balanced collection of general and specialized materials to meet the needs of the communities it serves. Designated librarians, with assistance from branch staff, will determine the focus of each branch collection. Library materials will be provided to connect customers to the joy of reading and encourage lifelong learning. In order to fulfill this mission, Pioneer Library System maintains a collection of materials that is determined by budget, space, and current library service priorities. Service priorities may change in accordance with the library’s planning process
Separate collections are provided for children, teens, and adults using the General Selection Criteria. Not all material will be suitable for, nor of interest to, all segments of the community. Librarians are available to help customers locate items that fit their personal tastes and interests. The supervision of a minor’s access to library materials is the responsibility of the parent or legal guardian.
- General Selection Criteria
Regardless of format, materials selected must meet several of these criteria:
1. Community needs, interests and demands
3. Favorable reviews in critical library and other professional review publications
4. Author's, artist's or publisher's qualifications or reputation
5. Social significance
6. Availability of funds
7. Suitability for intended audience
8. Quality of presentation
9. Diversity of viewpoint and culture
Last updated July 19, 2011
How do I make sure that I receive email notifications?
- Published on Wednesday, 24 August 2011 11:24
- Hits: 6373
We want to make sure you receive all your email notifications from Pioneer Library System. These notifications include information about holds that are ready for pickup/checkout, books that are due soon, books that are overdue, and fines.
1. Please add these email addresses to the "safe sender" list in your email program:
2. Please make sure that your library account has the correct email address.