What is the Plan4College Program?
- Published on Monday, 15 September 2008 16:05
- Hits: 6421
The Plan4College program is part of an initiative by the U.S. Department of Education that focuses on Gaining Early Awareness and Readiness for Undergraduate Programs (GEAR UP). The goal is to provide students and families with information that will help students get to college.
Oklahoma has been given a grant to focus on providing information about college to 5th through 12th graders in the state. There are 32 Plan4College locations throughout Oklahoma that provide college information. The Shawnee Public Library location offers printed materials and a workstation with computer and printer where students can research and apply to Oklahoma colleges and search for scholarships and financial aid through the okcollegestart.org website.
Find information such as:
- Explore Colleges and Careers
- Discover the colleges and universities in the state.
- Determine the careers that best match your skills and interests.
- Match schools with your career interests.
- Plan and Pay for College
- See which high school classes are needed to meet admission requirements.
- Learn about ways to pay for college.
- Apply online for Oklahoma's Promise — OHLAP.
- Create a personal portfolio to track your college planning.
- Apply to College
- Gather information about the admission requirements at all Oklahoma colleges and universities.
- Apply online to most of the colleges and universities in Oklahoma.
Joining the Noble Friends Group
- Published on Tuesday, 10 June 2008 10:57
- Hits: 10261
About the Noble Friends of the Library
Friends of the Noble Library meet quarterly at the Library. The Friends group is organized to:
- raise awareness of the library system and foster growth, development and use of public library
- provide youth programs
- support literacy programs and promote reading for enjoyment
- volunteer at library programs
- host authors and speakers for the Friends and community
- support the library and library staff
President: Robin Parker
Vice President: open
Secretary: Karen Rupp-Serano
Treasurer: Judith Clarke
Annual Membership Fees
Fill out the membership application to join.
Meeting Schedule for 2013
- April 11 at 6:30 p.m.
- July 11 at 6:30 p.m.
- October 10 at 6:30 p.m.
Book Sales for 2013
- March 1-3
- August 2-4
May 3-5: Rose Rock Festival and Parade
Look for the Library’s float in the Parade and visit their booth at City Hall. Friends will have their new banner and membership forms available at the booth.
May 9: Hitachi Appreciation Reception by PLS
Hitachi is a huge supporter of the Summer Reading Program. If you would like to help say thank you, bring home-made brownies or non-chocolate cookies to the Noble Library 9am-Noon to be taken to the Hitachi Reception.
May 28 at 6:00 pm: PLS Board Dinner and Meeting hosted in Noble
Noble will host the PLS board meeting in May. All Friends are invited to help serve and attend the meeting!
By-Laws & Minutes
Joining the Newcastle Friends Group
- Published on Tuesday, 13 May 2008 11:16
- Hits: 9787
About the Newcastle Friends of the Library
The Newcastle Friends of the library is a dedicated group of individuals who help support the needs of the library and the staff. They provide funding for the Summer Reading Program, staff education and community events.They also volunteer for library events when needed and provide awareness of library services to the public and the legislature.The Friends of the Library are members of the Chamber of Commerce and support their events.
President: Nancy Cox
Vice-President: Ruth Nolin
Treasurer: Charlene Phillips
Secretary: Judee Baker
Students:free the first year
Annual Book sale is the last weekend of April during Newcastle’s city wide garage sales.
Friends helps set up the book sale on Wednesday, Friends preview sale is on Thursday, and the public sale is on Friday and Saturday
Joining the Tecumseh Friends Group
- Published on Wednesday, 28 May 2008 09:57
- Hits: 7935
The Friends contribute to the library through advocacy, volunteering, and financial support. Financial support includes Summer Reading Programs and special events.
President: Sandra Thompson
Phone Number:(405) 598-1277
First Thursday of each month at 12:00pm
Location: Auditorium behind the library
For additional information contact the Tecumseh Public Library at (405) 598-5955.
Information Station / Pioneer Library System Community Place Guidelines
- Published on Tuesday, 13 May 2008 08:37
- Hits: 10761
This document describes the responsibilities of PLS and hosting sites in providing library services through the Information Stations and Pioneer Library System Community Places.