Joining the McLoud Friends Group
- Published on Monday, 17 March 2008 14:02
- Hits: 8181
About the McLoud Friends of the Library
The Friends group is organized to:
- raise awareness of the library system and foster growth, development and use of public library provide youth programs
- support literacy programs and promote reading for enjoyment
- volunteer at library programs
- host authors and speakers for the Friends and community
- support the library and library staff
Friends of the McLoud Library meet quarterly at the Library.
Joining the Purcell Friends Group
- Published on Thursday, 13 March 2008 09:05
- Hits: 8177
About the Purcell Friends of the Library
We welcome new members of the Friends, and appreciate your interest in joining us in support of our library. The Purcell Friends of the Library assist the Purcell Library by volunteering, serving as community ambassadors, assisting library staff with special projects, and providing financial assistance for a wide range of library needs, from providing snacks for after school children’s programs, underwriting the cost of summer reading program presentations, to regularly purchasing new toys for the preschool area in the library and funding continuing education classes for staff members.
The Board of the Friends meets monthly on the third Thursday of the month, at 11 am. Contact the Branch Manager of the library for current details if you would like to attend.
To join the Friends, click to print out the membership form, and bring to the library or mail to:
Friends of the Purcell Library
919 N 9th
Purcell OK 73080.
President Barbara Lawson 449-3165
V-P Gene Harryman 527-2834
Membership Julie Owens 527-6503
If you would be interested in volunteering to help with an upcoming Friends book sale, call the library today!
What computer software is available for public use?
- Published on Friday, 04 January 2008 11:23
- Hits: 14386
The Pioneer Library System prides itself on providing up-to-date technology for our patrons. Each of our hometown libraries has wifi and computers with internet access. Each computer also has the following software for use in the library:
Microsoft Office 2007 Suite
- Movie Maker
OpenOffice Suite (free download available)
- Internet Explorer (free download available)
- Google Chrome (free download available)
- Adobe Reader (free download available)
- Flash Player (free download available)
- Shockwave Player (free download available)
- Java (free download available)
- PDFCreator (free download available)
- Paint.net (free download available)
- VLC Media Player (free download available)
Please Note: The staff in the hometown libraries are not able to install personal software on library computers. They are also not able to provide technical assistance for home version of the software listed or copies of the listed software for you to take home and use. Pioneer Library System is not responsible for any of the above downloads you may install on your personal computers. If you want to utilize the software in the hometown libraries please be sure to save your files in compatible formats. If you have any questions regarding the hometown libraries' computing capabilities please use our contact form.
Computer Training Center Schedules
- Published on Thursday, 13 March 2008 02:29
- Hits: 11222
The Norman Public Library Computer Training Center (CTC) offers free computer courses on a regular basis. So whether you are young or old and need to learn for the first time or as a refresher the Norman CTC has something for you.
If you have recently taken a computer class be sure to fill out our online evaluation form.
How do I log in to a library database?
- Published on Monday, 31 December 2007 09:38
- Hits: 23764
Home access to most of the PLS subscription databases are available to any individual able to check out material from a hometown library. Once you click on the name of the database you want to use you will be prompted for your library card number and PIN.
Below are some common problems and solutions to accessing some of the subscription databases remotely. If none of these suggestions work towards fixing your access please do not hesitate to contact us.